Welcome to UNM!
- UNM uses the Non-Degree Application because it is the easiest way for you to get put into our computer system.
- Send the application directly to the NSE Office, which will waive the application fee and will enable the entire process to run more smoothly.
- You will be able to take up to 18 hours each semester.
- You do not have to be 21 years or older to fill out this application.
- You should send a copy of your unofficial transcripts with your application, because it may help speed up the process for you when you sign up for courses.
** Remember to mail your application and transcripts to the following address:
Dean of Students Office
MSC 06 3600
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131
- Once we have completely processed your Non-Degree Application, we will notify you so you can sign up for your UNM Net ID. Please go to the following website to create your UNM NetID, once you have been notified: UNM NetID
- After completing your NetID, you will have a UNM E-Mail Address, be able to view the course schedule and register for courses. Remember to look at the important dates for the date that you can start registering for you courses, because you will not be able to register until that date.
Return to Top
- Remember to sign up for courses only on the UNM Main Campus. You will have the ability to sign up for courses at our branch campuses as well, but you most likely will not want to do this because some of our branches are hours away from Albuquerque.
- If you run into a prerequisite issue (meaning you are unable to sign up for a course because it has a prerequisite, but you have taken the prerequisite course), you will need to contact the NSE Coordinator, so I can inform the appropriate department of the issue, so you can register for the course.
- If you have any trouble signing up for more than 9 hours for the semester, please let NSE Coordinator know, so they can increase your course load limit to 18.
Should you wish to live in the UNM Residence Halls, please get your application in as soon as possible, because single rooms and apartment style rooms are assigned on a first come first serve basis.
Residence Halls Open on August 14th
NSE Orientation for Incoming Students is on August 16th at 11:00 a.m. in the Dean of Students Office (Room 280 of the University Advisement & Enrichment Center)
Fall 2019 Semester starts on August 19
Fall Break 2017 (October 10th – October 11th)
Fall 2017 Semester ends on December 14th
Residence Halls Open on January 15th (Tentative Date)
Spring Orientation for New Incoming NSE Students is on January 17th at 11:00 a.m. in the Dean of Students Office (Room 280 of the University Advisement & Enrichment Center)
Spring 2020 Semester Starts on January 120th
Spring Break 2018 (March 15th – March 22)
Spring 2020 Semester ends on May 16th
During the course of each semester we will have optional planned activities for you as NSE Students. These activities may include trips to the Balloon Fiesta, Indian Pueblos, Santa Fe, White Sands and other areas. Here are some pictures of where past NSE Students have gone.
Return to Top
- Daily Lobo (UNM’s Student Newspaper)
- Albuquerque Weather
- Albuquerque Airport
- Albuquerque Visitors Bureau
- New Mexico Tourism