National Student Exchange
The National Student Exchange (NSE) provides opportunities for you, as an undergraduate, to study for up to one calendar year at another NSE member college or university. With more than 160 colleges and universities from which to choose, you should be able to find a campus with just the right combination of courses, facilities, and environment to meet your personal and academic needs and interests. As you consider the possibilities, you will notice that NSE extends beyond the borders of the United States to include U.S. territories. For more information on the participating schools and to review the school catalogs, please visit the Students link on the National Student Exchange website.
All information sessions will be held in the Dean of Students Conference Room - Room #260 in the University Enrichment and Advisement Center.
If you are unable to make one of these dates, you may schedule an appointment to speak about the National Student Exchange by calling 505-277-3361.
Applications for the Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 National Student Exchanges are due on February 24th, 2017. Should you be applying for a semester other than Fall 2017 and Spring 2018, please contact the NSE Office at 505-277-3361.
Students participate in NSE in order to:
- Broaden personal and educational perspectives
- Explore and appreciate new cultures
- Widen university boundaries
- Take courses not offered at the home campus
- Learn from different professors
- Access courses with different perspectives
- Explore new areas of study
- Experience personal growth
- Live in a different area
- Investigate graduate or professional schools
- Look for future employment opportunities
- Become more independent and resourceful